Friday, October 9, 2026

Husband Calling Contest

 Hi. Just got informed of the existence of this and it should surprise absolutely no one that I feel the need to post about it immediately. 

Iowa's State Fair has a Husband Calling Contest. 

I'm serious. 

The radio station KHAK has the history of it here if you want, which also has a list of other contests, such as the Women's Rubber Chicken Throwing contest, Decorated Diaper Contest, and the Mr. Legs contest with awards for thinnest, tannest, whitest, hairiest, and 'Mr. Legs', whatever criteria that is for. I now kinda want to go to that state fair, or start one of those contests at my local fair. (Ok, I'll just pass the article to a friend who works on planning the local fair and see if anything happens...)

Now, I could sit here and tell you what the article said about the history and why it made sense at one point, but I think that, instead, I need to send you here to see the list of videos on youtube, because those ladies have fun with it. 

Please let me know if they made you laugh as hard as I did, and which ones are especially awesome. 


(Less awesome part starting, please ignore)

I'm sorry I've been disappearing again. I hate to blame it all on mental health, but I just haven't had the energy to be interested in things right now, and I try to only write about stuff I like because I think it makes for a better read than the cringe-fest that is me writing about that doesn't matter to me at all. I'm trying to do better, but still. I'll be back when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Husband Calling Contest

 Hi. Just got informed of the existence of this and it should surprise absolutely no one that I feel the need to post about it immediately. ...