Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Cahn's Axiom

I'm here, I'm here, don't abandon me!

Sorry, I had to go to my Aunt's house for the weekend for a family event, then she and my mother left for a trip and I'm house-sitting her cats. Not a big deal, but it does throw off everything and I didn't have time for the weekend, then yesterday was a bad head day. Migraines are no fun, even if mine aren't nearly as bad as some people's. 


So, for today. 


Cahn's Axiom, also known as Allen's Axiom 

When all else fails, read the instructions. 


I'm pretty sure you had 8 different memories of when this happened pop into your mind, so think about it, probably laugh at at least one of them, then remember this to use the next time you, or someone else, is in a situation that could use it. 

I, obviously, have never needed it because I either read the instructions first or figure it out without them...probably by sheer stubbornness and accepting a bad job as good enough.

Sources:

Murphy's Laws

Cowles-- The Complete and Unabridged Murphy

Charlie's Ball Park-- 101 Top Murphy's Laws


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cahn's Axiom

I'm here, I'm here, don't abandon me! Sorry, I had to go to my Aunt's house for the weekend for a family event, then she and...